Toy Day takes place annually at Christmas in Animal Crossing: New Horizons and offers you the chance to win some special rewards. We tell you when the event starts, why it’s worthwhile and what to look out for here
Celebrating Christmas in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Toys Day in Animal Crossing: New Horizons will take place on 24 December. The Christmas celebration starts directly at 5am and lasts for 24 hours. During this period, you will have the opportunity to meet Chris. This is a reindeer with a Christmas outfit and matching hat, who only visits the island on Toy Day. Chris has various tasks for you to complete, because only then will the rewards beckon.
- First you have to make festive wrapping paper with the help of a craft guide. To be able to make the paper three times, you need the tree ornaments in red, blue and gold, each in triplicate. Afterwards you will receive the toy day socks set from Chris.
- The next thing you have to do is bring the islanders their presents. To do this, it is important to slip into a Christmas outfit. You can buy this in the tailor shop. Afterwards, Chris will hand you the gift bag and you can complete your mission.
- Once it’s done and all the residents have their gifts, you’ll receive the craft instructions for a gift mountain, the festive sleigh and a picture of Chris, which will arrive in the post.
Prepare for Toy Day in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
To ensure that Toy Day in Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a complete success and you can also enjoy the Christmas rewards throughout December, you should take the following tips to heart:
- Toys for the residents can be bought in Nook’s shop from 1 December. However, you can only buy one of the nine toys in various colours every day. You should therefore visit regularly. In addition to a tin robot, a children’s tent and a doll’s house, you can also discover a dinosaur toy, a plush dog toy and an RC helicopter. There is also a toy racing track, pop-up books and socks.
- You can also dress up for Christmas from 1 December in the tailor shop. It is especially important to buy the Santa costume, as this is the only way to unlock all of Chris’s rewards.
- From 11 December, it will snow on the island. This means you can collect snowflakes and make various items with them. It is also possible to build the snowman called Schneemil.
- Just a few days later, from 15 December, tree decorations can be shaken from the fir trees. You can also do some crafting with this, among other things the tree decorations are also relevant for Chris’s tasks.
- You can get the special festive wreath as a gift from a resident of the island from 15 December. So be on the lookout for a neighbour running towards you.