Crossplay in ARK: Survival Evolved is platform dependent. Compatibility is essential for cross-platform play with friends.
Crossplay in ARK: Compatible Platforms
Crossplay in ARK: Survival Evolved is a little more complicated than in other games. The feature is limited to some platforms:
- PC and Xbox players can play together. It must be an Xbox One or Series S/X, as well as at least Windows 10.
- Steam, Epic Games and Microsoft Store owners can also play with each other or Xbox players. Mac players are limited to their platform and cannot roam prehistory with Xbox or PC players.
- The mobile versions of the game on Android and iOS are only compatible with each other. It is not possible to play together with console or PC players.
- Besides Mac, cross-play will not be offered for the PlayStation and Nintendo Switch versions of ARK: Survival Evolved. Cross-gen between PlayStation 4 and 5 users, on the other hand, is possible.
Enable Crossplay in ARK: Survival Evolved
If you want to use crossplay mode in ARK: Survival Evolved, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- Crossplay in ARK: Survival Evolved cannot be turned on or off on the public servers. Here players can simply join the servers as they are adapted to the platforms.
- In private servers, on the other hand, you have to activate the function depending on the provider used. The activation also differs for this reason.
- Other providers require you to enter and activate admin commands such as -crossplay via the console.