In order to find a username on Telegram, the participant must first create one
How to find a username
You don’t actually have a username in Telegram.
- If you want to find someone or be found yourself via a user name, this must first be created
- This can be useful if you want to be found by Telegram users who do not know your telephone number or if you want to chat with someone but do not want to reveal your telephone number.
- To create a username, start Telegram on your smartphone and access the settings by tapping the gear icon.
- Tap on “Create user name” and select a user name. It must be at least five characters long.
- If the name has not yet been assigned, confirm the entry. You will then automatically receive a business card with a link. You can use this link to invite someone to chat with you.
- Since the username is public, you will also be found under this name in the Telegram search in future.