If your smoke alarm flashes red, this can have various causes. You can find out what you should look out for in your model here
Why your smoke alarm flashes red
There are usually two different reasons why a smoke alarm flashes red:
- Some models flash red to indicate that the batteries need to be replaced. The flashing is accompanied by an acoustic warning signal at regular intervals:
- The battery warning tone and the red flashing light first appear 30 days before the battery is empty. You should then take action and replace the battery as soon as possible
- With other smoke detectors, it is exactly the opposite. The red flashing light indicates that the device is ready for operation.
- These models only require action when the smoke detector stops flashing. The batteries may then need to be replaced or there may be another defect.
- You can always find more information on the flashing of your smoke alarm in the operating instructions for the respective device.