We have found out for you what the monthly costs are for the Netflix streaming service and what you get for your money. Netflix is one of the most popular video streaming services in Germany thanks to its huge number of films and series.
Netflix subscription: This is how much it costs!
You can take out a Netflix subscription for a monthly flat rate. There are three different subscription levels to choose from. These differ mainly in the available picture quality and the number of devices that can be used simultaneously. However, there are no differences in the available films and series. In all three cases, you can also stream without a time limit.
- Basic subscription: 7.99 euros. You can use the Netfllix offer on one device with this abotype and also have downloads on one device. Whether it’s a PC, laptop, TV, smartphone or tablet doesn’t matter. However, the films and series in this subscription variant are only made available to you in SD resolution.
- Standard subscription: 12.99 euros. For this you watch films and series in HD quality on up to two devices at the same time. You can also have downloads on two devices.
- Premium subscription: 17.99 euros. Here you then watch a lot of content in 4K resolution and get the option to use Netflix on four devices at the same time and also have downloads on four devices.
- Although it may seem like it at first glance, sharing your Netflix subscription is not allowed with people outside of your household on either the Standard or Premium subscription.
- In some cases, Netflix offers new customers or users returning after a break a free subscription upgrade at the time of signing up, so they can then try a more expensive plan for a month at no extra cost. At the end of the trial period, users can switch to the higher subscription level or continue watching on the original registered subscription.
- At the end of 2021, all of the above subscription models will also include some Netflix-owned games that can be accessed via the Netflix app. The offer includes games such as Dominoes Café, Knittens, Wonderputt Forever and Stranger Things: 1984.