It is possible to connect your PS4 controller to a mobile phone. The connection works quite easily if you observe a few important points. We tell you how the connection works with Android or iOS.
Connecting thePS4 Controller with an Android phone
If you have an Android device, follow these steps:
- First disconnect the controller and console by pressing the “Share” and “Playstation” buttons at the same time until the LED starts flashing.
- On your smartphone, now activateBluetooth in the settings and start a search for available devices.
- Now your smartphone searches for available devices. Your wireless controller should be in the list.
- Wait until “Connected” appears. Now the controller is ready for use.
- Optionally, you can simply connect the controller to your smartphone with a USB cable.
- Be aware that not all games are compatible with a controller.
Pairing a Playstation 4 controller with an iOS device
If you have an Apple device, follow these steps:
- To connect the controller to your iOS device via Bluetooth, you must have iOS 13 or later.
- Follow the same steps as described for Android to put the controller into pairing mode.
- Activate Bluetooth in the settings of your iPhone here as well and start searching for devices.
- Now the wireless controller should be displayed. Click on it to connect and the controller is now connected to the phone.
Again, please note that not all games can be played with one controller.