Use Google applications, such as Google Maps, together with Dark Mode to protect your battery. You can now activate it on your Android and iOS device.
Google Maps: How to use it in Dark Mode
Use Google Maps on Android, set Dark Mode similar to Google Search:
- Open the Google Maps app.
- Tap on your profile picture and open the settings.
- Go to Design. Select “Dark”.
- Tip: If you have always switched on Dark Mode on your device, the app will also be displayed in Dark Mode. To activate the mode on your smartphone, go to “Settings ☻ Display ☻Dark”.
Enable Dark Mode on iOS: Instructions
On an iOS device, dark mode can be enabled as follows:
- Open the Google Maps app. Tap on your profile picture.
- Go to the “Settings ☻ Design ☻ Always dark design”.
- Have the dark mode activated on the unit. Instead of “Always Dark Design”, tap “Same as Device Design”.