If the YouTube Adblock no longer works, there are various solutions to prevent the problem and to be able to watch again without advertising
YouTube Adblock no longer works: Solutions
If your YouTube Adblock no longer works, there are certain solutions that can help:
- With YouTube, it can help if you simply reload the current window. The anti-adblock message often disappears after the reload:
- An update of your adblocker is also helpful. Many adblock teams provide the software with regular updates.
- Clear the cache and delete your browser’s cookies. This method is particularly effective for browsers that have not been cleaned up for a long time.
- Check whether other browser extensions are affecting the adblocker you are using. Switch off the other extensions and check one by one which could be the problem.
- It may also help if you use a different browser. Instead of Chrome, you can use Firefox, for example.
Youtube Adblock no longer works: UBlock Origin method
An effective alternative is to use the adblocker UBlock Origin. This method usually solves the problem with YouTube.
- Install UBlock Origin as a browser extension and go to the extension settings. In most browsers, you will find this option in the dashboard.
- Then select the Filters list option and then Purge all caches.
- Now confirm this process with Update filters. UBlock Origin must then be restarted together with the browser.
- You may also need to delete the cookies, browser history and YouTube cache. This will ensure that UBlock Origin can take effective action against advertising and possible limitations
- It is also possible that you will have to repeat this process regularly. YouTube takes effective action against adblockers with updates, which can only be solved with counter-updates.