If you want to connect your Samsung TV to your mobile phone or tablet, you can do this either via apps or by cable. We show you how to do it and what else you should be aware of.
Connecting Samsung TV with Android phone – this is how it works
If you want to connect a Samsung TV with your Android tablet or smartphone, you must activate the “Screen Mirroring” option under Android. With this function, it is possible to display content on the smartphone directly on the Smart TV. The name for Screen Mirroring varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. For Samsung devices, the option is called “Smart View”, for Huawei devices it is called Drathless Projection. Other manufacturers also use terms such as screen sharing or wireless screen transfer.
- Activate screen mirroring on your smartphone and on your TV.
- Now the mobile phone searches for available devices. Here you can now select your TV from the list.
- By entering the connection code, you confirm the connection.
- Now the screen of your tablet or smartphone will be displayed on your TV.
- If you cannot find the screen mirroring option on your Android device, you can also use the Miracast app. You can then connect your device to the TV via the WLAN connection. However, you should make sure that both devices are on the same network.
- If you prefer to set up a cable connection from the Android smartphone to the TV, you will need an appropriate cable. To do this, you need to check whether your smartphone has a micro USB port or USB Type C.
Pairing Samsung TV with iOS phone – here’s how
You can also use your Apple device to display screen content wirelessly on the TV. Unlike Android, however, you need an Apple TV. This costs about 200 euros, so it’s not particularly cheap.
- If you already have an Apple TV, you can connect it to the Samsung TV using an HDMI cable.
- Next, make sure the Apple TV and your iPhone are on the same network.
- Now you can use AirPlay to stream the screen when you select your TV from the list of available devices.\
- You can also use a cable to connect your Apple device to the TV. To do this, you need an HDMI cable and a suitable HDMI adapter.