If your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick no longer works, this can be due to the device itself or the TV. We will show you how to solve the problem.
Solving problems with the Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Restart: Press and hold the Select and Play buttons on the remote control for a few seconds until the Fire TV restarts. This usually solves a lot of problems.
- Power: If the restart does not work, unplug the Fire TV’s power cable. Then reconnect the device after about 10 seconds.
- WLAN: If the content does not load, there is usually a problem with your Wi-Fi connection. Also disconnect your router from the power supply for a short time and then reconnect it.
Amazon Fire TV no longer works – more tips
- Resolution: If no picture is displayed, press and hold the “Up” and “Back” buttons on the remote control and wait a few seconds. The Fire TV will then try to find the correct resolution. This process takes about 30 seconds.
- Apps: The applications also cause problems from time to time. Open the “Applications” under the “Settings” and select the item “Manage all installed applications”. Find the app you want and select the option “Clear data”, “Clear cache” and “Force stop”.
- Cable: There may also be a fault in the HDMI cable. If the TV remains black, try a different HDMI cable.
In an emergency: completely reset Amazon Fire TV
- Reset: Open the “System” category in the “Settings” and select the “Reset to factory settings” option at the very bottom. All content and settings on the Fire TV will then be deleted.
- Return: If you still have problems with your Fire TV, you can return it for a new device up to 12 months after purchase. We show you how this works in this practical tip and in the video below.