The laptop cannot find the hotspot, this can have various reasons. However, these can usually be determined quickly and the problem is quickly resolved
Laptop cannot find hotspot – possible causes and solutions
If your laptop cannot find the hotspot, this can have various causes. Mostly it concerns the signal strength or there is a problem in the settings behind it.
- Signal strength: Check the signal strength of the hotspot. If the signal is weak, your laptop may not be able to connect. Try moving closer to the hotspot or repositioning the device to get a better signal quality.
- WLAN settings: Ensure that your laptop is enabled to connect to WLAN networks. Check the settings of your laptop and make sure that WLAN is activated
- Network name (SSID): Make sure that you enter the correct network name (SSID). Sometimes similar sounding network names can cause confusion. Check the correct spelling and capitalization of the network name:
- Password: It may be due to the password. Check whether you have entered the correct password for the hotspot. Check the capitalization and make sure that the password is entered correctly.
Other possibilities why the laptop cannot find the hotspot
Often other problems occur that make it impossible for the device to connect to the hotspot. Sometimes other devices can be the problem or there are various difficulties with drivers.
- Conflicts with other devices: It is possible that other devices in the vicinity may cause interference and affect the connection. Try to keep other electronic devices such as microwaves or cordless phones away from the hotspot.
- Driver problems: Check that your WLAN drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can lead to connection problems. Update the drivers on your laptop so that they are up to date.
- Hotspot settings: Test the hotspot settings. The hotspot may be configured so that it only allows certain devices or supports a limited number of connections. Select your laptop in the settings so that it can connect.