If you want to look at your car tires and see if they are all-season tires, there are a few things you need to know. Because there are a few clear features that show you which tires they are
Recognize all-season tires: These are the characteristics
Driving with all-season tires saves you having to change your tires twice a year.
- If you want to find out whether it is an all-season tire, you need to look at the tread pattern. The tread pattern of all-season tires combines the tread pattern of summer tires, which have a hard tread, and that of winter tires, which have a soft tread.
- In addition, you must pay attention to a symbol that can also be found on the sidewall of winter tires: the Alpine symbol. Often a sun is also printed, as well as raindrops, a snowflake and a symbol for slipperiness.
- In addition, the letters M+S are shown on the car tire, as you are used to from winter tires.
- In addition to these signs, you should look out for sipes in the middle of the tire, which provide grip on snowy roads.
- To be absolutely sure, you can also find the type of tire in your purchase contract or ask a specialist for information.