Diamonds can be found deep underground in Minecraft. To get the valuable gems for armor and weapons, you have to dig
Find diamonds in Minecraft: Height matters
While you can often find iron and coal in mines, you have to dig deeper for diamonds in Minecraft.
- Diamonds can be found between levels 15 to -65. The gemstones are not tied to a specific biome, so they can appear anywhere.
- The gemstones are most commonly found between levels -40 and -64, which means you have to dig down to the bedrock to get the largest quantities of diamonds. You can only mine diamonds with iron pickaxes.
- Since a block only drops one diamond ore at a time, it is worth enchanting your iron pickaxe. Depending on the level, the enchantment Luck increases the amount of ore received up to a possible four pieces.
- You can also find individual diamonds in crates that appear in various places. You have the highest chance of finding them in buried treasures, villages, final settlements and Nether fortresses.
- You can also find diamonds by working Strange Sand with a brush. To do this, you must go to a desert temple