The print job is sent, but the printer does not print. This can have several reasons. Therefore, you should go through all possible causes step by step.
The printer does not print – Troubleshooting
Take the following steps:
- First, check if the printer is correctly connected to your computer. Also change the USB socket and restart the computer.
- Wi-fi printers may still have connection problems.
- Empty ink cartridges or a paper jam can also be a source of error. However, this is usually signalled by the printer. Also, make sure that the printer door is properly closed.
- Check on the computer if the print job is still active. To do this, go to the Control Panel ☻ “Devices and Printers” and right-click on your printer to select “Show Print Jobs”. There you can continue the print job or restart it if necessary.
- If your printer is not defined as the default printer, print jobs may go to the wrong programmes or printers. Set your default printer and then resend the print job.
- If you have not found a solution so far, you can also use the automatic troubleshooting function of Windows. Click on “Devices and Printers” under the system setting. Select your printer and right-click on “Troubleshoot”.
- Finally, the problem may also be due to outdated driver software. In this case, uninstall the driver and update it.