Object-oriented programming is required in more and more job advertisements in the field of computer science jobs. What exactly is meant by OOP, we reveal to you here.
The specifics of project-oriented programming
In object-oriented programming, classes are used in the development of applications. These can be applied to different objects so that, compared to classical scripting in the different programming languages, it is not necessary to start from scratch each time.
- In the centre of OOP there is always an object or data content.
- In many programming languages, a specific logic must be observed. If functions are not constructed correctly, they will not run as desired.
- Object-oriented programming is therefore primarily suitable for multi-layered applications, especially if regular updates are planned in the data sets.
Major advantages of object-oriented programming
Developers create a clearer code that can be specifically modified by other programmers if necessary, without having to search through the entire structure of an application for the script passage to be modified.
- In OOP, classes and methods are defined that can easily be used across objects.
- Object-oriented programming also enables data to be exchanged between individual objects, the so-called messages.
- The greatest advantage of OOP lies in code streamlining, redundancies can be easily avoided. Redundancies are repetitions that can lead to disruptions in programming.
In these programming languages, object-oriented programming can be used
Object-oriented programming is by no means a new invention. The following programming languages, which are frequently used in practice, enable OOP:
- the server-side programming language PHP