Cleaning a barbecue grill is sometimes a real pain, but with our tips and home remedies it’s no longer a problem. Just read through this practical tip and enjoy your food.
Clean the grill grate – with these tips it works
- Take an old newspaper, dampen it and wrap the wet paper around your grate. Let it lie quietly overnight.
- If you don’t have any newspaper handy, just place the grate in wet grass.
- The following day, unwrap the wet paper and rinse off any encrustations with a sponge, warm water and washing-up liquid.
Remove stubborn dirt from rust
- Take a damp cloth, dip it in the grill ash (let it cool first!) and rub it over the grill. Alternatively, you can also use coffee grounds or an old roll.
- Take the grill grate into your home and soak it for several hours in a water bath with a dash of lemon juice and washing-up liquid. Then wash the dirt off the grate with a cloth.
- Mix 100 grams of baking soda with the same amount of water and rub it on the grate. Let it dry and rinse it off again afterwards.