If you ever forget your Facebook password, it is no problem to request a new one. Here’s how to do it
Reset your Facebook password
If you have forgotten your password, you must have it reset. To do this, start the browser and call up Facebook.
- In the login area, you will find the link “Forgot your password?” under the window for your login data. Click on it.
- On the next page, search for your account. To do this, you will need to provide certain information. Start the search with your email, username, phone number or your full name.
- A security check may now follow. Type in the code provided and confirm it. You will now be shown whether your account could be found. If this is not the case, try again using one of the other entries.
- Depending on the account type, you will now be asked to enter the name of one of your friends; this step may also be omitted (e.g. if you have entered a GMail account as a reference). After successful confirmation, specify whether the confirmation code should be sent to your email address or to your mobile phone.
- Once you have entered the code, you will be redirected. You can enter and confirm a new password on the following page. Facebook will also confirm the password change by email to your reference email account.