If you have detected spam, you can report a contact on WhatsApp. The contact will then be blocked and the platform will be safer for all users
WhatsApp: How to report a contact
- Go to the chat with the contact you want to report. Tap the menu icon at the top right, i.e. the three vertical dots
- Select “More” or “Report contact” from the options displayed. A pop-up window will appear asking you why you want to report the contact. Select the appropriate reason, such as spam, harassment, inappropriate content, etc.
- After you have selected the reason, tap on “Report”. WhatsApp will check the message and take appropriate action if necessary.
Why you should report a contact on WhatsApp:
Reasons There are various reasons why you should report a WhatsApp contact. If a contact sends you unsolicited messages containing advertising or trying to sell products or services, this may be considered spam.
- Harassment: If a contact repeatedly harasses, threatens or contacts you in an inappropriate way, it is important to report it to protect yourself and ensure that the contact is dealt with appropriately.
- Scam: If a contact is trying to scam you or carry out fraudulent activities via WhatsApp, it is important to report the contact to warn other users of potential dangers.
- Violation of privacy: If a contact violates your privacy or distributes personal information without your consent, you should also report this to ensure your safety.