A Signal story is visible to your contacts for 24 hours. After that, your amount disappears again. However, you can also delete it prematurely
Create a story in Signal: This is how it works
A Signal story can be a photo or video that you want to share with your contacts, for example. To create it, proceed as follows:
- Go to the Stories icon in Signal. It is located next to the chats icon:
- Tap on the plus next to your profile picture to create a new story.
- Now you can take a photo or video or select media from your album. You can also use the text function to write a message.
- Once you have finished your story, tap “Next”.
- Now tap on “My Story” and select who should be able to see it. “My Story” is visible to all contacts by default. However, you can also hide it from individual people
- Tap on “New” to send the story to a group. This can either be an existing group chat or you can create a new, individual recipient list.
- Once you have created a story, you can call it up in the “Stories” menu and also download it. You can use the three-dot menu to save your story, forward it and share it via other services.
How to delete your Signal Story
If you want to delete Signal Stories before the 24 hours are up, you can do so in just a few steps.
- Go to the Stories tab in Signal
- Tap on “My stories” and select the story you want to delete.
- Tap on the three dots next to your story to open further options.
- Finally, tap on “Delete” and confirm. Your story is now no longer visible.