WhatsApp does not have a special holiday mode. However, there is a way to stop certain chats from bothering you while you’re on holiday
Enable WhatsApp holiday mode
The “holiday mode” is mainly for you to enjoy your holiday without being disturbed or stressed by WhatsApp notifications.
- Though WhatsApp does not have a function that is actually called “holiday mode”, you can mute unwanted chats via the archive function. If new messages arrive in chats that you have archived, they will no longer be displayed in the notifications by default.
- If you have an iPhone, you need to go to the chat overview to archive a chat. Here you simply swipe the desired person or WhatsApp group to the left so that the “Archive” button is displayed. If you want to retrieve the messages, you can click on the line that has now appeared at the top of the screen with the name “Archived”.
- If you have a smartphone running Android, simply press and hold the desired chat and then click on “Archive Chat” at the top. To access the archived messages, simply click on the “Archived” tab at the top of the screen.
- If you want to directly move all chats to the archive, you have to switch to the WhatsApp tab “Settings” on the iPhone and click on “Chats” here. There you will find the function “Archive all chats” at the bottom. You can also undo this here.
- On an Android smartphone, click on “More functions” under Chats and then on “Settings”. Then select “Chat history” under “Chats” and find the option “Archive all chats” here.