Google is set as the default search engine in Safari on the iPad. With a few simple steps, you can change it and use Yahoo or Bing, for example.
Instructions: How to change the search engine on the iPad
In addition to Google, you can also use the well-known search engines from Yahoo and Bing. In addition, Apple offers the green Google alternative Ecosia and the privacy-conscious search engine DuckDuckGo.
- First open the “Settings” app on your iPad.
- Now select the category “Safari” in the left menu column.
- At the very top you will see the item “Search Engine”.
- Here you can switch between Google, Yahoo, Bing, DuckDuckGo and Ecosia.
- If you then open Safari and type a search term in the address bar, the new search engine will be used automatically.