Fake AirPods are usually not that easy to spot. We’ll tell you what to look out for in the fake version
Fake AirPods – how to recognize the clones
If you want to buy Apple AirPods on online platforms, make sure you don’t fall for fake clones.
- You can easily recognize fake AirPods by the Chinese characters on the packaging. Also check whether there are any spelling mistakes. These are another distinctive sign
- In addition, Apple AirPods are always perfectly shrink-wrapped. So if there is air trapped between the plastic film and the packaging, it is a fake.
- You should also check the production date at the bottom right of the packaging. For original AirPods, this should be a maximum of five to six months from the current date. Fake AirPods, on the other hand, often have an older date
- However, this is only an indication. It may be that the Apple AirPods have been on the seller’s shelf for a long time and were not recently purchased.
- If you have already purchased the AirPods and want to check whether they are originals, you can ping them. If the headphones do not respond, they are probably not genuine AirPods.
- Another way to detect fake AirPods is to check the serial number. Enter it on the Apple website. If you get an error message, you can be sure that your headphones are a clone.