You can print documents from your iPhone if you have an AirPrint-enabled printer or install a suitable app on your smartphone
Print from iPhone via AirPrint
If you want to print a document from your iPhone, it’s usually quite easy. At least it is if you have a printer that supports AirPrint.
- If your printer has the AirPrint logo, it supports printing via this method. If you cannot find the icon, you can also look for the function in your printer’s manual.
- In order to print via AirPrint, your iPhone and your printer must be on the same network.
- In order to print via AirPrint, you must first open the appropriate app from which you want to print a document.
- Tap the share icon or the sign with the three dots there.
- Select your printer via Printer.
- You can then make a few settings and print out your document.
- If you cannot find the print option in the app you are using, it is probably because it does not support AirPrint. This is because AirPrint printing does not work with every app on your iPhone.
Use a printer without AirPrint
Even if you don’t have an AirPrint-enabled printer at home, you can print from your iPhone.
- To do this, search for a suitable app from the manufacturer of your printer. For example, Epson offers the Epson iPrint app, HP has the HP Smart app, Canon provides Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY.
- Using the appropriate app, you can then send the desired document to the printer via your iPhone.