If the Windows Shift S key combination does not work, screenshots can no longer be taken. There are several ways to solve this problem
Windows Shift S does not work: Solutions
Windows Shift S is a convenient way to take a screenshot. All the more annoying when the key combination does not work. There can be several reasons for this.
- It is possible that the clipboard history is deactivated in Windows. To check this, open the settings via the Windows start menu.
- Click on “System” and select the “Clipboard” tab.
- Slide the switch at “Clipboard history” to “On”.
- The error should then be solved. If this is not the case, deactivated notifications with the screenshot tool may also be the reason for the problem.
- Make sure that the “Cut and Sketch” app has the switch set to “On”.
What else you can do
If the above tips have not been successful, you should delete the cached data of the Cut and Sketch app.
- To do this, open the settings and click on “Apps”.
- Click once on the “Cut and Sketch” entry to expand it and select “Advanced Options”.
- Scroll down a little and click on “Reset”.
- Now all app data of the screenshot tool will be deleted. After restarting the computer, the key combination should work again.
- If this is not the case, reinstalling the programme can also help. To do this, uninstall the programme via the “Apps” item in the settings.
- You can then reinstall the app in the Windows 10 Store.