If you no longer want to use the standard mail app in Android, you can delete your email account. You can do this from within the app.
Delete email account from Android app
Google’s own mail app “Gmail” is pre-installed on every Android smartphone. Gmail contains the most important functions and is compatible with all providers. However, if you would rather switch to a third-party app such as Outlook or if your email account has changed, you can delete an account once it has been set up.
- To do this, open the Gmail app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Tap the menu button at the top left and select “Settings” at the very bottom.
- Now tap the menu button at the top right and select “Manage accounts”.
- Now select the mail account you want to remove and select the “Remove account” option at the bottom.
- Confirm with “Remove account”, your mail account will be deleted from Gmail.