If you want to become successful on Twitch and earn money, you should become an affiliate. Read how to do that and what requirements you have to meet
Become a Twitch affiliate: Here’s how
The Twitch Affiliate programme is a first way for streamers to generate revenue on the Twitch platform. To become a Twitch Affiliate, you have to meet certain requirements. Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Create or sign up for a Twitch account: If you don’t have a Twitch account yet, you should create one first. If you already have an account, sign in.
- Create content and stream a lot: To become a Twitch Affiliate, you must stream regularly on Twitch. In the last 30 days, you should have been live for at least 500 minutes.
- Stream regularly: You should be active on the Twitch platform on different days. In the last 30 days, you should have streamed on at least 7 different days.
- Build a viewership: To become a Twitch Affiliate, your average viewership during this period should be at least 3.
- Track your progress towards becoming an affiliate in your Creator Dashboard: there you will find it in the “Achievements” section.
- Guidelines and Conduct: Please adhere to Twitch’s community guidelines at all times and avoid any inappropriate behaviour in your streams and chats.
- Accept Affiliate Invitation: Once you have met the above requirements, you could be invited by Twitch to join the affiliate programme. This is usually done by email. Follow the instructions in the invitation and accept it.
- Tax settings and contract agreements: After accepting the invitation, you will be asked to configure your tax settings and accept the contract agreements. This is necessary to be able to manage and pay out your income
- Affiliate functions: As an affiliate, you get access to various features including subscriptions, cheering (bits) and revenue from ads. You can also create and sell your own emotes.
- Growth and engagement: To be successful as a Twitch affiliate in the long run, you should continuously grow and increase your engagement. Play games that excite you, interact with your chat and provide quality content.
- Work towards partner status: The next level is Twitch partner status, which offers even more opportunities for monetisation. If you continue to grow and meet the requirements, you can apply for partner status. Read how to become a Twitch Partner here.
More tips to become a Twitch affiliate
Some streamers take longer to become affiliates than others. There’s nothing wrong with that and it’s perfectly normal. However, there are some tips and tricks that streamers could possibly use to speed up the process:
- Consistency is the key to success. Stream regularly and create a set content schedule that your audience knows. This will help you build a loyal audience on Twitch.
- Take time to respond to comments in chat and interact with your viewers. An engaged community is often a key criterion for success.
- Use other social media to draw attention to your Twitch streams. Twitter, Instagram and Discord are great platforms to eventually reach affiliate status.
- Network with other streamers on Twitch (affiliates and partners) and social media. Collaborations and mutual support can significantly increase your reach.
- Growth on Twitch can take some time. Be patient and don’t give up. Success often requires long-term effort.
What are the benefits of becoming a Twitch Affiliate?
Twitch’s affiliate programme offers the opportunity to grow your community and earn money from your own content.
- As an affiliate, streamers have a variety of monetisation tools at their disposal, including bits, cheering, subscriptions and advertising revenue.
- As a Twitch affiliate, you also get access to video tools like transcode options and subscriber streams. You get the options to record VODs.
- In addition, you get community tools like custom channel points, voting and the ability to upload great custom emotes.