Finding CC online for Sims 4 and then installing it is not difficult. There are several websites that post custom content and offer CC for download.
Sims 4 CC: Find downloads and download safely
Custom Content or CC is the term used for Sims 4 content that has been created by other Sims. This can be clothing and hairstyles for the Sims, as well as building and buying items.
- Great sites are for example TheSimsResource, SimsCatalog and Sims4Updates. Here you will find collections from various CC designers.
- When you take a closer look at a download, you will notice that you need certain expansion packs for some content.
- The Sims 4 CC downloads are free unless you get to the creator’s website, where you are explicitly asked to pay before you can download any file at all.
- It is important that you are careful with download sites like Adfly and Co. Do not click on any advertisements. It is best to read some comments and look at the number of downloads to decide if it is a safe download.
- It is not uncommon for creators to be linked in individual posts. You can usually find even more CC for Sims 4 on the personal websites.
- Because creating custom content is time-consuming, many creators give you the opportunity to support them via Patreon, for example.
Install custom content: Here’s how
Once you have downloaded CC for Sims 4, the file will be in your downloads folder. Integrating it into the game is simple:
- If the file has the extension .PACKAGE, then move it to the folder “C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods”.
- If you want to install a lot of CC, it is best to create subfolders to keep track of it. For example, roughly divide the files into folders for “Create a Sim” and “Build & Buy”.
- As soon as you start the Sims, you will find the Custom Content in the game.