The question of whether the PS5 is worth it for you depends on your preferences and priorities. If you are a passionate gamer, the high price may be negligible.
Whether the PS5 is worth it: the console at a glance
The PlayStation 5, or PS5 for short, is Sony’s latest next-gen console and has taken the gaming world by storm since its release. But many potential buyers are still asking themselves whether the popular console is worth it for themselves.
- Performance and hardware: The PS5 impresses with impressive hardware. With an AMD Ryzen Zen 2 processor and RDNA 2 GPU, it is capable of delivering stunning 4K graphics and ray tracing effects. The super-fast SSD significantly reduces load times and enables a seamless gaming experience.
- Exclusive Games: Sony is known for its impressive library of exclusive games, and the PS5 is no exception. Some titles with unique gameplay experiences are exclusive to Playstation and are not available on other platforms.
- Backwards compatibility:The PS5 also offers some backwards compatibility, so you can play many of your PS4 games on the new console. This is a big plus if you already own a PS4 and want to use your existing game collection.
- Controllers and Immersion: The PS5’s DualSense controllers offer impressive haptic feedback and adaptive trigger feedback that intensify the gaming experience.
- Multimedia Features: The PS5 is not just a gaming console, it also serves as a multimedia hub that supports streaming services like Netflix and Disney+. If you’re looking for an all-in-one solution, the PS5 could meet your needs.
The cost of a Playstation 5 console
After explaining the PS5’s performance and some of its special features, it’s time to talk about another important factor that is crucial for many buyers and shoppers.
- Price: The PS5 is not a cheap console. The price can vary depending on the model, but even the basic version can stretch your budget. If you want to invest in a premium gaming experience, you can do so with the cheapest model without a drive starting at around 450 euros.
- Additional costs: Remember that buying a PS5 doesn’t just include the console itself. You’ll also need games, accessories and possibly a subscription to PlayStation Plus to get the full potential of the console. Make sure you factor these additional costs into your decision.
- Bundles and deals: In some cases, PS5 bundles are available that may include games and accessories alongside the console at a reduced price. It is worth looking out for such offers to save money.