If error 1 occurs with your Roborock, the laser unit is not rotating properly. Usually, you can easily fix the problem yourself.
How to troubleshoot Roborock Error 1
The error message tells you that something is wrong with the laser distance meter, the unit itself or the motor.
- First turn on your Roborock.
- If the laser unit does not rotate, try to help it along by hand.
- Turn it carefully without using force. Then restart the robot vacuum cleaner.
- If error 1 still occurs, the motor that turns the laser unit could be defective. Also, the belt could be broken.
- To avoid voiding your warranty, contact Roborock customer service.
- If you are technically savvy, you can also try repairing it yourself and buy the laser unit as a spare part.