If you own an iPhone or iPad, you can also use your vaccination certificate with Apple Wallet. This eliminates the need for the CovApp and allows you to collect important documents in one place. We explain how this works in this post.
Using an import certificate with Apple Wallet prior to version 15.4
If your iOS device has a version older than 15.4, use your Apple Wallet for the vaccination certificate via an external medium. The Covid digital certificate simply goes with the other documents in the Wallet:
- First, take a screenshot of the QR code of your Covid certificate in the Corona alert app or the Cov Pass app.
- Then open the Covidpass website on your iOS device.
- Upload the screenshot of your Covid certificate on the website. To do this, go to Select Certificate.
- The next step also gives you the option to choose a background colour for the certificate.
- Tap on Add to Wallet. The certificate will end up in your wallet.
Using Covid certificate with iOS 15.4 with Apple Wallet: Instructions
If your iOS device is up to date, you can import the certificate directly into Apple Wallet in just a few steps:
- Scan the QR code of your vaccination certificate with your camera. To do this, simply hold the camera over the QR code.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. You will be prompted to add the certificate to Wallet and Health.