If you want to track a flight, you can do this with the help of iOS. Here’s how it works with the iPhone and iPad.
How to track a flight easily with iOS
You don’t need any additional apps to track flights – if you have an iPad or iPhone. All you need is the Messages app on your Apple device:
- Simply send the flight number to a contact or yourself.
- iMessage automatically recognises it and now offers the “Check flight info” or “Copy flight code” function.
- Click on “Check flight info” to open a map with the start and destination of the flight as well as the flight times and other information such as terminals or gates.
- Swiping the days sometimes reveals previous flights, for example a few days earlier.
- Not all airlines are supported, however. Flights from Lufthansa, American Airlines or Turkish Airlines, for example, are displayed, whereas flights from Ryanair or Eurowings are not currently supported (as of January 2023).
- You can then close the map view by clicking on “Done”.