The iPhone 14 can be set up in just a few steps. You can have the data of an old iPhone transferred directly to the new one or set up the device completely from scratch.
Set up iPhone 14: Switching from the old iPhone
Setting up is especially convenient if you already have an old iPhone. Then you can transfer settings and data from the old iPhone directly to the new device.
- Hold down the power button on the right side for a few seconds until the screen lights up. You can now select the language and region.
- Transferring data from the old iPhone is possible by turning on the old iPhone and placing it right next to the new one.
- You will be presented with the Quick Start option. After entering your Apple ID, an animation will appear on the screen of the new device. You can scan this with the camera of the old smartphone.
- You can then set up Face ID on the new iPhone and transfer the data from the old device.
Set up your iPhone from scratch: How to proceed
If you want to completely re-set up iPhone 14, follow these steps:
- Turn on the unit by pressing the power button and select language and region. For the quick start option, tap “Configure manually”.
- Select your WLAN network and enter the password for it. If you have not already done so, now also insert the SIM card for the device.
- Now set up Face ID to be able to use facial recognition to unlock the device. In addition, you need to set a numeric code that you can use in case Face ID does not work.
- Finally, you have the option of restoring a backup from iCloud or transferring the data from an Android smartphone. If you want to set up the iPhone completely from scratch, select “Do not transfer apps & data” here.
- Then enter your Apple ID and log in with the corresponding password.
- Now you can set whether updates are downloaded automatically and to what extent usage information should be shared with Apple.
Siri, Apple Pay, screen time: the final steps
The last step is to set up Apple services like Siri or Apple Pay on your iPhone.
- You can now also activate the “Screen Time” tool. This will give you a weekly report on the time you have spent on your smartphone. It is also possible to set time limits for certain apps.
- Select “Continue” here and follow the on-screen instructions if you want to use the services. If not, tap on “Configure later”.
- Finally, additional tools can be activated. For example, you can set up a display zoom for the visually impaired or activate True Tones.