Depending on the model, the power consumption of your Apple iMac is comparatively high or low. Find out in this practical tip how much power your iMac consumes on average
Power consumption and costs of the iMac at a glance
- If you have an iMac with 27″ screen, with i7 processor, the consumption is about 63 watts in idle state and 240 watts under maximum power.
- The iMac with 21.5″ screen and quad-core processor has a consumption of 40 watts when inactive, and 119 watts under peak performance.
- If you have the iMac with a 21.5″ screen and dual-core processor, it consumes 33 watts in inactive mode and 58 watts at peak performance.
- An iMac with a 27″ screen and i5 processor consumes 70 watts in idle mode and 197 watts at peak performance.
- If you use the devices every day, they will cost you about 2 to 3 euros. This can vary depending on consumption and electricity tariff.