With a Samsung Smart TV, streaming VoD content or even the user interface of your laptop is child’s play. It’s child’s play with just a few clicks
Mirroring a laptop to a Samsung Smart TV: Preparations on the TV
Whether vacation photos or home office, there are always situations in which it is important to use the large screen of the TV as a surface. With a Samsung Smart TV, it is very easy to project the desktop of your laptop onto the screen. .
- First of all, it is important that both end devices are in the same network. This can be easily checked by comparing the network name under the network settings.
- Use the “Home” button on the remote control to access the TV menu (Smart Hub).
- Then navigate to “Remote Access” via the “Source” menu item.
- In the menu that now opens, search for “Screen sharing” and confirm the following queries. That’s it – now you can continue on the laptop
Mirroring the laptop interface on the Samsung Smart TV with Windows 10
The Smart TV is now set up. Now all that remains is to prepare the laptop, which can also be done in just a few steps. The following steps are possible from Windows 10 / 11 Professional.
- If not available, the taskbar must first be customized. To do this, right-click on a free area of the taskbar and select “Taskbar settings” in the context menu.
- Then scroll down to “Info area” and click on “Select icons for display on the taskbar”.
- In the subsequent list, select the “Connect” item. This should now appear as an entry in the bottom right-hand corner of the taskbar.
- Then click on the “Connect” tile.
- You should now see the name of your TV in the menu that opens.
- After confirming the entry, the Windows 10 desktop will also be displayed on the TV.