You can delete a post from your Instagram profile in just a few simple steps. In this practical tip, we tell you how to do it and what you need to bear in mind.
Deleting a post on Instagram: This is how you proceed
If you want to delete a picture or video on your Instagram account, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone and access your profile via the button on the bottom right-hand side.
- Here you will now see all your shared pictures. Select the post you want to delete with a tap.
- Now click on the three dots at the top right and select “Delete”.
- Confirm the next dialogue again by clicking on “Delete”.
- You have now successfully deleted the post from Instagram. You may need to refresh your news feed to see the change.
- By the way: Alternatively, you can archive the post you want. This hides the photo from all outsiders; however, via the archive, the photo or image is still visible to you and can also be restored if necessary.
Remove a post from a carousel post: How to do it
In addition to simple posts, you can also upload carousel posts on Instagram in which photos or clips are displayed as a kind of slideshow. Since recently, you can also delete individual photos from this slideshow without having to take down the entire post. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Call up the corresponding post on your Instagram profile.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner and select “Edit”.
- Now swipe to the image you want to delete individually and tap on the trash can icon.
- Confirm by tapping on the tick at the top right.
- As the feature is still quite new, it is not yet available to all users. If the above procedure is not possible, check if you have the latest app version. If this is the case, you have no choice but to wait.