What you can do if WhatsApp hangs on your smartphone, we show you in this guide.
WhatsApp hangs: What you can do
- Make sure you have the latest version of WhatsApp installed on your device. It’s best to uninstall WhatsApp beforehand and re-install the app completely. To make sure you don’t lose your messages, you can create a backup.
- Also check that you have the latest version of your operating system on your device. On most devices, you will find a corresponding option in the settings. In our practical tips, we show you how to update your iPhone and bring your Android smartphone up to date.
- Also make sure that your smartphone has enough free memory. If this is not the case, delete some unneeded files from your device. On Android, you can also delete superfluous cache data and file remnants with apps such as “Clean Master”. But there are also tricks for freeing up memory on the iPhone.
- On Android, you may be able to solve the problem by removing temporary WhatsApp data. To do this, open the “App info” for WhatsApp in the settings and tap on “Clear data” as well as “Clear cache”.
- On some devices, messages that are too long cause lags on WhatsApp. If you have recently received an unusually long message, delete it from your chat history.
- If the sending of messages and files hangs, there may be network problems. For this, follow the instructions in this practical tip.