Forcing a restart on an iPad Pro may be necessary for you if your device is not responding or the screen is frozen
Forcing an iPad Pro restart on models without a Home button
If you want to force a restart on the newer models such as the iPad Pro 11-inch and iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation or newer, without Home button), a simple key combination will help you. This may be the case if the iPad is no longer responding or the screen is frozen. It is best to hold the iPad upright so that the on/off switch (standby button) is at the top right of the device.
- The two volume controls are now on the right-hand side of the device or at the top left. The volume up button is the
- Press the volume up button briefly and release it immediately.
- Press the volume down button briefly and release it immediately.
- Press and hold the On/Off button for a few seconds until the display first goes black and then the Apple logo appears on the screen. Then release the button and wait until the iPad has finished restarting.
- Now the iPad Pro should operate normally again. If the forced restart of the iPad Pro did not work, you can try other things, such as resetting the device on a computer.